At Amazon, we pioneer.
We also treat every single day like it's day one. And we never sit still while we do it.
Are you up for crafting solutions and solving tomorrow's problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We're seeking an experienced, Operations Manager to join our Customer Fulfillment team. You'll operate out of one of our dynamic Fulfillment Centers: these sit at the heart of Amazon's premier and rapidly growing business. They're where we run our fast-moving inventory; they're also where we developed our smart, industry-leading workflows.
As an Operations Manager, you'll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you lead. But at the same time, you don't shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You'll be directly responsible for developing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you'll tactfully motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
Another key aspect of the role is to lead on numerous process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities, both for yourself and the team members you lead. The ideas, innovation and leaps out of the status quo that you come up with could very well be rolled out across the Amazon network: this immense opportunity is yours for the taking.
Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organisation and direction of either Outbound or Inbound operational areas of your FC. Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
• Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting and inspiring a culture of safety on-site,
• Become proficient on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs, such as 5S audits,
• In your inventory control and systems environment, you'll handle meaningful data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
• Therefore, you'll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience,
• Partnering closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
• Implement progressive process change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon EU Operations network,
• Possess a degree from an accredited institution,
• Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
• You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
• You're competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, dynamic logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
• You possess the ability to organise details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyse the data you generate,
• You are ready to work in 4 day shifts, either from Sunday until Wednesday or Wednesday until Saturday
• Master's degree,
• You possess a grasp of Kaizen and Lean methodologies and related techniques.
• You embrace change, and are willing to relocate if necessary.
What we offer
We'll expect you to focus and commit, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
We're looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. In the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
All offers are conditional on references and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.