We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Disability Leave Services Team
We hiring an expert operational / service delivery leader, with strong, large group people leadership skills, service operations in line with our leadership principle of customer obsession. The Operations Manager will pride themselves and have a track record of flawless execution, continuous improvement of large service operations utilizing their people, tools and processes, demonstrating ownership and a bias for action. They are energized and challenged most in a role where they lead and develop a large and growing people organization whose focus is on exceptional service delivery.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and deep subject matter expertise in operations, systems implementation, compliance, project management and driving process improvements. Experience in leading a shared HR services center or comparable large scale operations, remote assignments, influencing responsibility, people management and team development are required.
The DLS Operations Manager will contribute deep operational subject matter expertise to DLS initiatives, including operational performance, continuous improvement and quality outcomes. As an operations leader, the position collaborates with key business stakeholders and DLS program leaders to ensure the program is successful across the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure operational practices are fully compliant with legislation and policy through monitoring, accountability, auditing and reviewing all practices
• Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, performance levels and process change initiatives
• Serves as operational leadership stakeholder in implementing new elements of the DLS program, as defined by DLS leadership and in partnership with the DLS Design & Develop team:
• Contributes to operational deployment plans outlining critical and best practice launch activities
• Conducts new program initiative readiness assessments and establishes goals and success indictors to ensure successful feature implementation
• Serves as an operational leadership stakeholder in implementing new elements of the DLS program, as defined by DLS leadership and in partnership with the DLS Design & Develop team:
• Conducts new program initiative readiness assessments and establishes goals and success indictors to ensure successful feature implementation in partnership with global team
• Builds trust and confidence in the DLS team with stakeholders through partnerships and knowledge building
• Influences change to ensure operational standards are met
• Collaborates with legal and compliance stakeholders on regulatory/employment liability issues as they relate to complex cases and/or policy development with leave, disability and/or accommodation
• Ability to travel as appropriate (25% - 50%), including foreign travel; must have no legal/immigration barriers to traveling internationally within 30 days of hire
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university
• At least 10 years of management or supervisory experience with comprehensive knowledge of running shared service operations
• Proficient in coaching others (minimum 5+ years of experience) and experience coaching/leading other managers and peers in operational activities
Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Masters' degree from accredited university • SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
• 5+ years of management experience managing managers of managers
• Exposure to U.S. HR processes and practices
• Experience with global service and employee delivery
• Solid understanding of leading technology platforms, work-flow tools, software packages, business applications in HR area
• Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
• Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
• Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment, preferably with senior members of the business
• Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
• Experience working with hourly workforces of significant size and complexity, particularly union and non-union manufacturing, distribution and/or call centers
• Experience working with knowledge workers, particularly programmers and highly skilled technology workforces
• Experience with providing leave and/or accommodation services from outside the U.S.
• Fluency in Spanish preferred Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us