- Chennai, India
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses worldwide, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The Retail Systems function is responsible for building retail platforms, tools and automation required to manage selection, maintain competitive pricing, forecast demand, buy products and deal with vendors. MCMT is an integral part of Retail Systems enabling Amazon's pricing strategy and operations for 3P business. The team's primary role is to provide on-time and accurate inputs to help make great pricing decisions. We build and execute on scalable & efficient processes to ensure Amazon's price competitiveness. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and Amazon's topline & profitability.
Do you want to be part of the team that ensures Amazon keeps its "best price" promise across millions of products worldwide? Does the challenge of driving decisions in a dynamic environment excite you? Do you love solving complex business problems using technology? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you a passionate self-starter? If the answer to the above questions is a resounding "YES", read on!
The Operations Manager in Amazon Retail Systems group will be responsible for the strategy, quality, coordination and productivity of the Business mapping team in Bangalore and will own a variety of function wide goals on process improvements, innovation & automation. The job involves end to end business planning including but not limited to creating annual plans and strategy for execution, ensuring operational rigor and designing high business impact processes. He/she will be the strategic point of contact to the retail/3P teams of Amazon worldwide and must therefore be comfortable and confident liaising with remote teams and senior leaders.. He/She will manage business impact via functional activities and will be accountable for designing and delivering on all KPIs of the same. The individual will interface and drive agenda with the automation & technology teams to build scale-able solutions and in addition he/she will be responsible for ensuring the safety, security and integrity of Amazon's systems and data.The role involves influencing peers and stakeholders in other functions to achieve the operational and business goals assigned.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels of detail to accomplish team/organization goals. He or she will identify individual strengths of team members and contribute to talent advancement along with succession planning opportunities within the company. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon's core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
Scope of work:
The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information.
You will be leading a multi-skilled team and will need to direct, provide leadership, manage and hire for meeting the capacity needs of a growing team. You will need to interact with Amazon internal customers across the globe to deliver on their requirements, managing functional projects and working directly with the technology team to scale the audit coverage & scope non linearly.
You will also be the involved in functional budgeting and reporting activities.
• A highly complex audit environment and a team with varied skills, with global accountability.
• Need to work on multiple high impact projects with competing priorities
• Independent decision making
Key Performance Areas:
• Operational Efficiency & Accuracy Metrics Management using automation and technology.
• Successful delivery on high business impact projects goals
• People Management (team management, may manage people managers and stakeholders)
• Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each team member
• Mentor and guide audit team to manage quality, improve process efficiency and control variance.
• Resource budgeting, deployment & career planning for high ROI team members.
A successful candidate will have a developed skill set in the following areas:
• Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex organizational issues
• Track record of employee development (including an emphasis on selection and retention).
• Result orientation with a bias towards action, supporting a culture of ownership and learning.
• Skilled in collaborative management environment, project management & succeeding through regular meetings.
• Excellent formal and informal communication with members of the remote and local management teams.
Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology.
Lean, Six Sigma, Process Excellence Certification & Exposure
Graduate degree Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology. Preferred Qualifications Masters Degree Lean, Six Sigma, Process Excellence Certification & Exposure Business Acumen, Soft Skills & Leadership: • Excellent written and oral communication skills • Analytical and deep dive skills to evaluate accuracy • Ability to work independently and think out of the box
Back to top