- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
We are looking for talented Compliance Operations Manager to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will support the business by managing compliance managers who will in turn manage specialists working on product compliance reviews. The classification should be according to the country specific product compliance regulations and trade requirements. You will work directly with program teams, Retail teams, Legal, and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive operations goals related to product compliance across the supply chain.
Roles and Responsibility:
You will be responsible for multiple operations teams supporting multiple categories that work on Amazon Catalog to classify products which in turn enable a reliable and operationally effective flow of products across borders, and thus suffice Amazon internal customers across the globe to deliver to their requirements. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of compliance managers or others, strategize and drive compliance managers to execute procedures on work received, to estimate time on new jobs received, to check accuracy / quality of classification done, to ensure records are maintained accurately, and to ensure utilization (or related metrics) of team is high. As an operations manager, you would be responsible for managing a team of around 50-60 associates and would have 3-4 catalog managers reporting into you.
• Manage specialists and managers in driving operations goals and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with product compliance regulations and other trade requirements.
• Manager of frontline managers for global classification/rule writing programs that will result in duty savings and ultimately benefit the programs.
• Work with various Amazon teams to formulate strategy, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
• Work with Amazon's internal technology teams to develop creative and best-in-class product compliance business processes that can scale up.
• Leverage data to continuously improve Product Compliance at Amazon.
• Link all the programs to business metrics and built solutions keeping that in mind.
• Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, Retail teams, system teams, Trade program teams) to help drive tools, best practices and process improvements that affect classification speed of the program.
• Scale up team by proper budgeting and co owning the budget.
Key Performance Areas:
• Attract talent and makes right hiring decisions, On-boarding and continuous development of team and maintain a high delivery bar.
• Deliver business goals for processes handled.
• Operational goals for respective business functions measured under Cycle Time/ Productivity/ Quality/ Cost metrics.
• Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, to improve process efficiency, to minimize variation, and to conceptualize, design & deliver training sessions to the team.
• Co-owner in the process of budget planning.
- Bachelor degree
- Directly managed 2 to 3 managers and thus indirectly managed at least 50 plus people organization.
- Possess strong communication and leadership skills
- Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & 'internet-speed' environment with tight deadlines
- Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience •
- Possess exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
- Be a self-starter
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience in business process improvement
- Masters in Business administration
- Have worked in Compliance/regulation area.
Back to top