Operations Lead - Amazon Go
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
We are looking for an Operations Leader to come join our team! In this role, you will be a Lead on a team for Amazon Go. While you'll be able to use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll help to build new tools, technologies and processes to delight our customers.
We are looking for a lead who will serve as a role model by displaying good judgment, a positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to company policies and a commitment to excellent customer service. S/he is passionate about developing into a people manager, and will thrive in handling the daily operations in a fast-paced work environment. This is a new role on a new team, so you will be able to set the standard for this position as the team grows.
- Daily coordination of department duties, allocating team resources to handle task load, leading meetings, assigning tasks, coordinating breaks and lunches, and communicating with internal and external partners.
- You will function as an authority and point of contact for emerging issues and associate concerns
- You will ensure successful shift execution through tracking, reporting and feedback of emerging issues and associate performance and coordinating the response to various escalations.
- You will be viewed as a SME with knowledge of tools, tasks, policies and standard operating procedures
- Provides ongoing production support, including assisting with training associates and verifying SOP compliance.
- Uses established processes to identify individual performance gaps and coach associates to meet and exceed expectations.
- Participates in process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Handles assignment of projects and programs in addition to specified Lead responsibilities.
- Works in queue when not conducting Lead responsibilities.
- Maintains a high level professionalism and approachability
- A completed Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to work weekends and/or nights is a requirement
- 1+ year experience at Amazon and previous experience as Lead at Amazon.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Have a track record for being self-motivated and demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects to completion.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure is critical for success.
- Experience communicating with and presenting information to internal and external customers, including senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Demonstrates exemplary performance in current position, including productivity and quality.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top