Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Technical Operations Intern will be responsible for delivering and supporting operations and production projects by partnering with Amazon Robotics Tech Ops Engineering process owners and other cross-functional team members.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Create business process models using best practice techniques, including current and future state solution design documents using requirements gathered.
- Gather, analyze and document functional / technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users.
- Research production system issues, resolve user problems and escalate when necessary.
- Create unit, integration and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data.
- Document Tech OPs-specific process and project activities that support our content and knowledge management initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, detail-oriented and analytic business analyst with the desire to learn how internal manufacturing and production teams support a rapidly growing high-tech software company. The attributes of the successful candidate are described here:
- Knowledge of different process innovation methodologies and their practical application.
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity and dedication to getting results.
- Ability to work collaboratively and without direct reporting authority; must be a team player.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
- Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with creating business process models is required.
- Experience with MS Access, Visio, Excel and Sharepoint.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and methods is a plus.
- Experience with ERP or CRM applications is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top