Operations Flow Management Lead (University - Entry Level)
The Central Flow Lead is responsible for managing workflow of outbound department of multiple FCs from a remote centralized location with limited management oversight based out of Tempe, Arizona. Key areas of responsibilities would include managing the workflow of outbound orders across multiple process and managing customer experience while minimizing fulfillment cost across multiple FCs. The lead would be responsible for communication of workflow status with Operations Managers and Area managers and any escalation of any Customer Experience Risks, SLA failure risks or deviation from Standard Work to the Sr. Managers and General Manager. The lead is expected to play the role of an advisor to the operations team based on his holistic view of the outbound flow and facilitate communication between multiple areas of outbound operations.
The Central Flow Lead is expected to provide operational insights to the Amazon Fulfillment Technology team and work with them to develop advanced and intuitive automated flow control for outbound operations.
- Understand Outbound Shift Planning
- Understand Technical Details of FC Systems
- Ability to grasp the operational concepts of flow settings for FC picking systems that include flow pick and batchy pick paths for multiple FCs with different volume and demand patterns.
- Understanding of the boundary of responsibilities between Operations on the floor and Central flow as dictated by Standard Work developed by Central Flow Management.
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate detailed technical issues. Escalate to management, facilities.
- Communicate Customer Shipment Risk and performance opportunities to FC operations in a standardized manner.
- Ability to track and report system performance through various equipment performance monitoring software platforms.
- Help AFT team to Develop Automated Flow tools
- Ability to advise and teach the basic flow standards to the new managers through communications and advise them on standard flow settings thus speeding the learning curves of new managers.
- Ability to teach and advise new flow leads as we on board new candidates to the central flow center.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Has strong communications skills – able to express key messages and interact with different customers within the FC individually and with groups via remote methods such as telephone, e-mail and instant message platforms
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills, can analyze numerical data points, work with data to assess situations and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated Excel spreadsheet management skills.
- Must be flexible in terms of work schedule; willing to work odd or long hours, if necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and stressful situations without much management oversight.
- Detail oriented: accuracy is essential.
- College Degree
- Excellent work ethic & pace
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, strong customer service skills and helpfulness at all times.
- Good judgment, self-empowered and autonomous.
- Ability to work well in a team environment remotely and as an advisor
- Ability to demonstrate working well in a team environment remotely and at an advisory level.
- Computer knowledge and preferably SQL code language.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top