Operations Engineer (night shift 8pm-8am)
- Munich, Germany
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in application management and software development including Chef, Git, SVN, and at least one popular programming language. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Can you read and troubleshoot code snippets? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
• Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, build proof of concept applications. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks and shell scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
• Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience .
• 5+ years of experience in managing full 3 tier application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Work experience in Linux or Windows systems administration
• Experience with virtualization technologies (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Ability to juggle many tasks in a fast-moving environment
• Excited about technology
• Experience in a DevOps team, or experience setting up, maintaining and coordinating the automated patch and configuration management of production servers.
• Programming/scripting with one or more of the following: Ruby, Python, Bash and PowerShell. Other languages a bonus.
• Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP.
• Flexibility to work in Night shifts.
• Experience with Chef, particularly writing Chef cookbooks to automate deployment and maintenance on Linux or Windows application servers.
• Experience managing full 3 tier application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Location: Manchester, UK
Company: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Job Type: Permanent
Back to top