Operations Administrative Assistant
The Operations Administrative Assistant role provides support to the HR team and requires ability to work on the fulfillment center floor for up to ten hours per shift.
- Clear flags in systems and assess attendance point for associates for unexcused absences.
- Collect/organize time off request forms for Amazonians from managers and associates. Get approvals from managers for vacation requests as required.
- Ensure proper coding of "time paid not work" and "time not paid, not worked" such as Vacation (vacp)/Paid Personal Time (pers)/Voluntary Time-off (vto)/Lack of Work (low) for Amazon associates.
- Make points corrections for staffing agency as directed by Amazon Human Resources (HR)
- Make points corrections for Amazon associates as directed by site leaders or Human Resources
- Identify, track and reconcile missing: in, out and lunch punches
- With manager approval, clear discrepancies associated with Time Off Task flags
- Enter punches for orientation time for staffing agency new hires.
- Input corrective action documentation into Amazon AMP system
- Research associates counseling history as needed to confirm correct level for next counseling, dates of prior counselings, etc. or provide summary of performance history for manager to use in making a recommendation for termination.
- Submit counselings for both Amazonians and staffing agency associates (including tracking approval and printing for managers to deliver for Amazonians)
- Print Amazon attendance counselings sent out by HR and organize with other counselings so managers have one complete set of what they need to deliver
- Answer questions for Amazon associates on points/vacp/pers balances as required. Help escalate discrepancies to HR and resolve.
- Additional Responsibilities may also include:
- Assisting with safety and dock audits and/or type and publish them for managers
- Assisting managers run/track production reports, update operations reports as needed, work on projects for creating reports, etc.
Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs.
- Administrative experience such as data entry, managing data driven report processes or processes
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) • High school diploma or equivalent
Amazon Operations is a 24/7 environment and requires HR leadership to have complete shift flexibility. You will be assigned a shift per business needs.
- Experience utilizing a time and attendance system
- Experience within a manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage details of different processes efficiently
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, seek answers when help is needed and motivated to seek out additional tasks for completion
- Must adhere to confidentiality expectations
- Ability to quickly pick up new software and tools
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top