Operations Admin Assistant
The Operations Administrative Assistant role provides support to the management team in a variety of tasks. In this role, you will help drive a positive and engaged associate base by supporting the HR and Operations team as well as the warehouse floor associates as the front line HR representative in an Amazon Fulfillment Center.
- Driving a positive and engaged associate base by participating in and communicating engagement activities and other employee relations related tasks
- Escalating appropriately to the HRA or Sr. HRA team when discrepancies or escalations arise with associate interactions such as LOA, accommodations, or other employee relations issues
- Supporting the HR team with new hire orientation by helping with necessary I-9 and paperless new hire employment documents, assigning and maintaining lockers and ensuring accurate timekeeping for those new hires
- Assisting associates within the FC for access to HR services including guiding them through self-service options, when applicable and submitting trouble tickets on associates behalf, if needed as well as clearing trouble tickets assigned to the site
- Partnering with HR and Managers on NACF Policy and Procedure to help drive productivity, quality and safety including coaching and corrective action, recommendations including termination and monitoring for delivery
- Posting productivity rates for associates quarterly to help them meet daily goals
- Auditing time cards to communicate hours worked by associates to comply with Amazon standards for max time worked per day and week, clearing exceptions and researching, correcting and communicating attendance trends for unexcused absences for hourly associates and communicating that information to managers for follow up
- Scrubbing rosters for associates with zero hours, monitoring the attendance hotline and researching individual time cards to maintain a clean roster
- Following up on vacation approval requests as required
- Submitting requisitions and ordering SWAG, supplies and other items for on-site events through COUPA to maintain appropriate inventory
- Updating and communicating overtime through hotlines, visual postings and trackers when necessary including executing Call Em Alls to associates
- Ability to learn and navigate internal Amazon systems as resources to execute overall job duties
- Ability to work up to ten hour shifts with or without reasonable accommodation on a warehouse production floor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Administrative experience such as data entry, managing data driven reporting, or ownership of detailed processes
- Computer experience, specifically with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts as Amazon is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Experience utilizing a time and attendance system
- Experience within a manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage details of different processes efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, seek answers when help is needed, and motivated to seek out additional tasks for completion
- Ability to quickly pick up new software and tools
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top