Operational Excellence Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Program Manager plays a critical role in the Hardware Operational Excellence organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the Product Development Process (PDP) which governs the development of devices across the Amazon Devices organization. You will define, drive and implement continuous improvement initiatives to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the development of all Amazon-branded devices. In addition, you will create mechanisms to guide teams and share best practices across Technical Program Managers and other critical roles on the cross-functional team. In this role, you will do the following to support and drive process improvement initiatives across Amazon:
• Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives with cross-functional alignment and stakeholder buy-in
• Create and maintain clear, user-friendly process documentation: templates, tools, process maps, graphical representations, etc.
• Manage and facilitate forums to share best practices and disseminate process changes
• Lead training sessions on PDP and associated focused topics
• Partner with learning and development expert to craft online and live training and process materials to help deliver information at scale
• Mentor Technical and non-technical Program Managers through the process
• Develop and implement PDP efficiency and effectiveness improvements throughout the organization
• Define and track key performance metrics for product development to measure process efficiencies and highlight bottlenecks
• Communicate progress and issues to senior leadership
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred)
• 10+ years of combined experience in engineering, program management of hardware devices, and/or operational excellence/continuous improvement/process development roles.
• Extensive knowledge of end to end hardware development process and life-cycle
• Demonstrated track record of driving and implementing process improvements
• Experience in consumer electronic device industry is preferred, but related industries will be considered
• Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodology
• Experience delivering multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules
• Experience leading training, process mapping, and documentation
• Experience developing web-based team collaboration pages in Confluence, Share Point, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels
• Self-starter that can identify issues and craft solutions with minimal direction
• Understanding of organizational transformation at scale
This position will require 10% domestic travel, and may require some international travel.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top