Onsite Medical Representative
The Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) will serve as the site's designated first aid provider in the warehouse, coordinating and implementing the Amazon Global Safety Program. The OMR will provide first aid care to injured employees, actively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the Workers' Compensation process, and recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management.
The OMR will function as a part of the larger onsite safety team, helping to provide assistance with all health and safety needs. This includes attending weekly associate safety committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed, in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings.
Onsite Medical Representative Responsibilities:
- Provide triage, first-aid, and/or referral to outside medical providers, if indicated.
- Maintain all records of care provided to associates.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used to provide first aid care.
- Provide accommodation recommendations related to job placement for all employees on restrictions given by a medical provider.
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and senior leadership team. Provide analysis of all onsite incidents on a monthly basis including recommendations on how to reduce the risk and severity of injuries within the warehouse.
- Frequent "floor time" to interact with both associates and managers, providing coaching on observed at-risk work habits. Attend and speak at daily "start-up" meetings.
- Understand and learn each department and job function within the warehouse to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task. Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process.
- Initiate and maintain Workers' Compensation cases when applicable.
- Update the communication board with health and safety tips for the building.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Valid State EMT-Basic Certification from the Department of Health from the state you are working in AND/OR valid National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification
- 2 years' experience providing emergency services in a pre-hospital setting
- Valid CPR certification at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends
- Ability to maintain all medical credentials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications · Certified to teach First-Aid, CPR and AED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with OSHA regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Experience with Workers' Compensation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top