Office Coordinator / Receptionist
The Office Coordinator/Receptionist is responsible for coordinating multiple competing responsibilities in a rapidly growing fashion environment. This person will partner with managers to achieve business objectives and provide day-to-day support to Shopbop employees, and with support from the facilities department located off-site, will coordinate building services with the landlord and outside vendors. The ideal candidate will have experience in office coordination, facilities or hospitality, and a desire to be inspired by the Shopbop | East Dane environment.
- Coordinate front office activities.
- Host visitors including VIP guests.
- Ensure lobby and common spaces are organized and conducive of our brand to outside visitors.
- Seek continuous improvement to office environment.
- Track, order and stock office supplies and pantry inventories to ensure adequate supplies are available at all times.
- Keep pantry/kitchen areas clean and organized.
- Run comparative analyses to identify cost saving opportunities related to purchases.
- Responsible for coordinating delivery services and postal needs.
- Go through daily mail delivery and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Coordinate minor office repairs and maintenance (painting, hanging pictures/white boards, etc…).
- Purchase any incidental items needed for office and/or employees not covered by a vendor contract.
- Coordinate day-to-day facility services with building management and outside vendors to ensure proper operation of building systems including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, lighting and electrical systems.
- Maintain availability during and outside of normal business hours to respond to facilities issues as needed.
- Coordinate and audit housekeeping services to expected standards to maintain a clean and healthy office environment.
- Oversee security badge distribution and access level assignments for office.
- As onsite point of contact, assist training and auditing contracted guard services, and maintaining security systems.
- Assist with coordination of renovation/construction projects as needed including furniture reconfigurations/additions.
- Maintain space planning records including employee desk assignments.
- Assist with new employee setup.
- Facilitate planning of office parties and purchasing associated supplies for those events, and assist HR and Executive Asst. with annual holiday events, picnics, and special events.
- Support various staff with miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Able to stand and/or walk comfortably for 4-8 hours during a shift.
- Able to lift and move up to 49 pounds on a daily basis.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Complete manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of office coordinator, facilities services, hospitality or related experience.
- Detail-oriented and self-directed, demonstrating strong communication skills, and ability to effectively work with people in all areas of business (housekeeping, security, facility vendors, IT, fashion/design, senior leadership, VIP guests, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in the fashion industry or related experience
- Basic understanding of building systems to effectively communicate with vendors regarding maintenance and repairs.
- Personable and self-starter who takes initiative.
About Shopbop | East Dane
Shopbop is the global online retail destination for style inspiration and discovery, offering women all over the world a comprehensive, hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear apparel and accessories from over 1,000 established and emerging designers. Shopbop debuts new arrivals, compelling editorial content and styling guidance daily. Launched in 2013, brother site East Dane, a division of BOP LLC, is the international online menswear resource featuring an unmatched selection from leading and up-and-coming labels as well as engaging editorials and a seamless shopping experience. Shopbop | East Dane provides world-class customer service, fast, free global shipping worldwide and free returns in the U.S. and Canada.
Shopbop | East Dane is at the intersection of e-commerce, fashion and technology. We promote a collaborative culture, as our teams cooperate across departments within Shopbop | East Dane and Amazon to continually innovate in an effort to better serve our global customer. You'll work with big thinkers on projects that leave a mark on our organization, as well as on the broader technology, retail and fashion teams. Shopbop | East Dane is at the cutting edge of e-commerce, and we are driven to be the daily destination inspiring fashion worldwide, merging a comprehensive brand list and strong editorial perspective with an easy-to-shop, sure-to-delight user experience.
Acquired in 2006, BOP LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., the world's largest online retailer. Offering an enhanced customer experience, Shopbop | East Dane is a globally recognized and trusted fashion retailer that sells only quality, authentic contemporary and designer merchandise.
Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top