Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day and will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Operations and Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology and is responsible for getting the right materials to the right place at the right time to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It's a operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and metrics. The Supply Chain team is seeking an NPI Procurement Program Lead with a background in supply chain purchasing, new product introduction, and a thorough knowledge of materials management and planning systems. The successful candidate for this position will be self-managing, have a high sense of urgency, and is driven to achieve defined service levels and program goals related to technical, quality, and delivery requirements.
The NPI Procurement Program Lead will have full responsibility for procuring electronic components and mechanical hardware and assemblies from our global partners in support of manufacturing and new product introduction programs. This candidate will work collaboratively with multiple business functions in a team environment and will be responsible for the following:
• Actively supporting and fostering a culture of inclusion.
• Purchasing materials and equipment from our suppliers including electro-mechanical assemblies, electronic components, PCB assemblies, and hardware.
• Planning material supply requirements, managing inventory levels, managing schedules in our ERP system, and successfully communicating these requirements to our suppliers.
• Developing efficient and accurate mechanisms for monitoring and updating open purchase orders, expedites, delivery requirements.
• Manage all aspects of procurement, from PO issuance through receipt and payment support.
• Supporting supplier performance and metrics management, including providing inputs to monthly scorecards and presenting procurement data during quarterly business reviews.
• Supporting the Commodity Management team with maintaining supplier relationships, monitoring supplier performance, addressing supply issues, sending requests for quotes, analyzing cost information, and developing new products and programs.
• Actively looking for areas of process improvements, cost savings, and automating business processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
• Experience working in a manufacturing operations environment in sourcing, procurement, or other applicable supply chain function.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple stakeholders, responsibilities, and delivering multiple first-of-their-kind programs with accelerated schedules.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholders and responsibilities.
• Experience working with ERP systems.
• Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools.
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with PLM Systems, preferably Agile.
• Experience working with Oracle EBS.
• Experience working in a progressive, high growth, high change environment.
• Experience working with Tableau analytics.
• APICS Certification.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .