Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a NoSQL Solutions Architect - Amazon Keyspaces, a scalable and highly-available serverless NoSQL database, compatible with Apache Cassandra. As a Specialist Solutions Architect - Keyspaces, you will innovate and scale architectural best practices around building and operating NoSQL workloads by collaborating with customers, developing content and enabling the wider community to adopt the AWS portfolio of services.
You will build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey by making recommendations to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of features for the Keyspaces service.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
Specialist Solutions Architects are thought leaders in AWS technology and industry trends, as such you will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) for NoSQL technology and also evangelize and educate about AWS NoSQL technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
• Design and implementation experience with NoSQL technologies such as Apache Cassandra, DynamoDB, and MongoDBE, including NoSQL data modeling.
• Software architecture and development experience using languages such as Java, Python, Go, and Node.js.
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• A passion for technology and for learning
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Deep knowledge of and experience with Apache Cassandra.
• Hands-on experience with AWS services related to databases highly desirable, particularly Amazon Aurora, AWS Lambda, Amazon Elasticache, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Amazon Kinesis, etc.