Non-Inventory Receiver (Level 3)
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
As a Non-Inventory Receiver will work as an individual contributor on a team with other Non-Inventory Receivers, and Buyer's to administer the flow of non-inventory goods including Maintenance, Repair, and Operation supplies, corrugate, safety equipment, and tools.
Key Responsibilities include:
• PIT rider operation
• Offload and accurately put away non-inventory goods
• Stage product in work areas and organize packaging supplies
• Receive goods into Oracle system (data entry) and research missing non-inventory shipments
• Assist with payment inquiries from Accounts Payable and Bookkeeping
• Assure the delivery of expense receive items of shipping supplies and gift wrap to the appropriate location or parties
• Back up for ordering and conduct cycle and wall to wall counts
• Remove HAZMAT from work areas and store in proper location in partnership with lab and safety personnel
This person will also work as needed inside the inbound room unboxing and decanting the inbound samples. The NIR will be required to perform Trailer Dock and Receive functions within safety and procedural guidelines.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver's license
• Experience with inventory control and cycle counting
• 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, including email management, scheduling, updating spreadsheets, report writing, etc.
• Must be able to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays as required
• Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
• Proven ability to influence without authority as an individual contributor
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/owner mentality
• Ability to think critically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong Bias for Action and ability to adapt to the needs of the business
• High attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Amazon certified reach, stand-up forklift and walkie rider trained
• One Year Amazon experience or equivalent
Note: This position requires sustained work in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens that may include viruses for infectious diseases, including the COVID-19 virus (which is known to cause the coronavirus disease). Accordingly, this role involves the risk of infection. Amazon has implemented appropriate safety policies, training, processes, and equipment as per applicable guidelines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top