Networking Training SME
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Network Operations Team is looking for Networking Training Subject Matter Expert (SME). The Networking Training SME will create and continuously improve training program content using an array of creative approaches that inspire learning and drive productivity. This includes instructor led, web based and just-in-time performance support development, and may also involve development of course materials and other learning supports. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Acting as a SME to interface with operations and software teams
• Developing new training content to support networking teams
• Continually evaluate training solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
• Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users.
• Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation. Participate in a community of learning professionals to share best practices and identify emerging learning needs.
• Develop assessments that measure learner outcomes including productivity and their understanding of processes
• Partner with other stakeholder teams to reduce operational burden
• Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
• Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
• Identify and take ownership for opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
• Mentor staff in basic network administration and help to structure relevant training plans
• Participation in interviewing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Previous Training or Coaching Experience
• Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and experience in the application of IP protocols.
• Past experience with the following protocols and concepts: BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channeling, IPsec and TLS
• Software development/scripting skills are highly desired - specifically Python or shell (bash)
• A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or at least three years relevant experience in a large-scale network operations environment is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF
• Effective prioritization and time management
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top