We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to develop innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The position responsibilities will include scaling support of several data center locations and be responsible for day-to-day assistance with capacity management. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Program Managers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Excellent network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required. Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazons vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians are expected to build or enhance tools, develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and innovatively.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR
- Familiarity with common networking terms
- Fluent in English reading and writing
- At least 3 days per week
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF.
- Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large-scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Experience working in virtualized enterprise-networking environments
- Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus Other Qualifications & Responsibilities