Network Technician AWS
- Frankfurt, Germany
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our growing team within Infrastructure Delivery. The team responsibilities involve delivering new AWS EMEA region deployments. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers, external vendors as well as coordinating regional resources to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Technical Program managers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. They will be highly competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity all combined with a proven project delivery methodology.
This position will provide the individual with high levels of autonomous work with minimal supervision to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to assist in the delivery of new AWS region deployments.
Network Technicians are expected to work with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and constantly think proactively and innovatively. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success. In addition the role will require International travel of up to 50% anually.
• AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
• Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
• TCP/IP networking knowledge
• Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
• Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
• Familiarity with common networking terms.
• Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
• Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 80% travel outside traditional work area will be required.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
• Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
• Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
• Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
• Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
• Experience with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
• Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
• Significant background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
• Several years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
• Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus.
Other Qualifications & Responsibilities
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
• Strong prioritization and time management ability.
• Due to the fact that this is a European project, international travel will be required at intervals throughout the duration of the project.
• Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 50lbs (25kg)
Back to top