Network Systems Engineer
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support your need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Network Systems Engineer will be responsible for the 24/7 operations of Amazon Robotics' corporate data centers, cloud infrastructure, enterprise business systems, voice and data networks and equipment, production operations for our Manufacturing facility and test/development environments for our Engineering teams. The Network Systems Engineer will be responsible for collaborating extensively with the parent company (Amazon) to ensure consistency of operations and availability of services.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Operations: Deploy, maintain and execute procedures for highly effective and reliable site IT operations. Provide direct support to product development, test and manufacturing operations. Utilize appropriate tools and utilities to facilitate operations monitoring. Administer operations applications such as backups, system monitoring and logging. Initiate action to ensure problems are addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Network & Telecom: Deploy and maintain site network infrastructure to ensure performance and reliability for local LANs, Internet/WAN connectivity. Significant emphasis will be placed on wireless network configurations and availability in highly complex product development, test and manufacturing operations environments. Manage vendor relationships and availability of VoIP phone systems.
- Service Desk & Applications support: Work closely and effectively with Service Desk team members to provide end-user PC, Mac and Linux support. Work closely and effectively with Business Applications teams to provide support of cloud and on-premise applications.
- Information Security: Work closely and effectively with Information Security team to provide secure network access and vulnerability/patch management.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, detail-oriented and analytic process innovation professional with the desire to learn how internal IT teams support a rapidly growing technology company. The attributes of the successful candidate are described here:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant business field (Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management, etc.).
- 6-9 years experience in IT/Network administration and management.
- System administration experience: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Windows 2012 R2 and above.
- Strong knowledge of hypervisors (VMware, Zen, Hyper-V) and managing large-scale server environments.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and supporting enterprise migrations to the cloud.
- Wireless network experience using Aruba, Cisco.
- Strong knowledge of SAN technologies from leading vendors, fabric switch
- Experience with Perl, Python or shell scripting.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security best practices for network and system management.
- Demonstrated understanding of highly available environments, both locally and in the cloud.
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience managing cross-functional technology projects.
- Participated in change management procedures, and governance of IT production operations.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and related processes.
- Able to learn new technology quickly, become the expert, solve the problem and teach others.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
- Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Able to influence without authority.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, enjoy a good challenge and above all, have a sense of humor.
- ITIL Foundations Certification and practical experience with IT Service Management.
- CISSP or equivalent Information Security certification
- Agile development experience – managing work using Scrum, Kanban or other frameworks.
- Understanding of Oracle E-Business Suite ERP, financial accounting, manufacturing and supply chain applications. Experience with Quality and Product Lifecycle Management solutions is a plus.
- RDBMS experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL supporting enterprise applications.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top