Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Network Technician to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. You will work in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network.
The position's responsibilities include scaling support of several data center locations and day to day assistance with capacity management. You will work closely with internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Network Scaling Leadership and Technical Program Managers.
You will leverage your experience supporting large scale, enterprise class networks as well as network implementation and troubleshooting. As a Network Technician you will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with regular peer and customer interaction. In addition to providing management and support of Amazon Web Services vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians establish and follow best practices and refine operational procedures.
Daily responsibilities include:
Any physical requirements are expectations with reasonable accommodations
• Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows to complete customer requests and projects
• Collaboration with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Up to 20% travel within geographical work area is required. Some travel outside traditional work area may be requested, including internationally
• Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
• Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
• Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
• Moving and lifting computer equipment up to 50 lbs
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1+ years of experience in an IT role or relevant experience
• Knowledge of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS,
• 2+ years of experience with ethernet and IP networking
• 2+ years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
• 2+ years of experience working with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age