Network Planning Engineer
- Mumbai, India
The Amazon Connectivity Solutions Group (CSG) is part of the Amazon Devices team, which designs and engineer's high-profile consumer electronics, including the best selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced ground-breaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash and Amazon Echo. We are looking for best-in-class Network Planning Engineer, to help plan, deploy and scale one of the most innovative networks, and deliver highest quality of services to our customers.
This position is opened for experienced engineers in domain of RF Planning Simulation / Wireless Network Optimization / Wireless Network feasibility and Survey expert. The primarily role includes carrying out end to end RF Planning process which includes but is not limited to Network feasibility, survey, planning and optimization of indoor and outdoor wireless networks.
The candidate is expected to have hands-on skills in leading Tools for RF Survey and Planning like IBWave, Ekahau, Wireless Insite, Atoll, Asset etc.
Candidate will be expected to also carry out Walktest/Drive test using above tools, to execute successful deployment of wireless networks and achieve planning targets.
The Candidate's existing existing experience and strong hands-on in this domain would be critical for this role, and ability to own the end to end field and back office process of / yellow badge teams for day-to-day feasibility, survey, planning and optimization work.
Candidate should be minimum a B.E. / B.Tech, with strong communication skills, detail oriented, self- motivated and having experience in delivery of similar large projects in individual capacity, within minimal TAT and highest accuracy. This role involves both back office and field visits, and position is permanently based out of Mumbai.
• B.E. / B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Wireless Radio Planning, Simulation and Design
• Strong Hands On with leading Wireless planning tools like Atoll, TEMS, Nethawk, AirMagnet, Ekahau, Metageek, Aerohive, Asset, IBWave etc
• Hands on with leading analysis Tools for WiFi Drive test WiFi Spy, WiFi Analyzer, Ekahau, WireShark, WiFi Channel analyzer, WiFi Field portable RF Analyzers, Site survey tools, LOS Planning tools, GIS/Interference Tools, MAP Info, Agilent or other Spectrum analyzer
• In-depth knowledge on Wireless Radio propagation, over different bands like ISM and 60GHz, and using different protocols like WiFi or FSO.
• Expert in WiFi Link budget preparation and propagation model simulation, to carry out RF planning for both Indoor and Outdoor structures.
• Preparation of BOM/BOQ/RFI/RFS/RFR/As-built etc.
• Mentoring and leading partner teams in execution and troubleshoot critical RF propagation related issues like interference and capacity utilization in field
• Strong in technical document writing, and Own documentation of all RF planning docs and reports to be publish weekly, monthly quarterly indicating productivity and performance of entire process.
• Able to respond to technical emergency situations related to wireless coverage and capacity issues, and maintain customer delight in highly dense networks
• Strong understanding on wireless interference types leading to complex operating environments and work with large stakeholder driven to seek approvals
• Strong People Management Skills, should have managed large team and worked in multiple stakeholder environment for large projects
• Demonstrate strong ownership and technical dive deep, hand on expertise
• Certification on RF planning Tools is not mandatory for deserving candidates
Back to top