Network Engineer Intern
Do you aspire to be a world class Network Support Engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Would you like the opportunity to support a world leader in both online retail and cloud computing? The Network Operations team is looking for highly motivated individuals to support the day to day operations of our global network infrastructure, and drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation network as it continues to grow.
The Network Operations team is primarily responsible for maintaining the health of Amazon's Retail and Web Services network. This team plays a key role in responding to operational changes in the network, determining root cause, and working with internal teams and external vendors/ISPs with the goal of returning to a fully operational state. Additionally, the Network Operations team is responsible for performing changes to maintain the reliability of the network as it grows.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity problems – including troubleshooting of network device hardware failures
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
- Collaborate with internal teams to diagnose problems, and return devices/configurations to a healthy state
- Escalate to external vendors (Cisco, Juniper, etc) to diagnose problems and facilitate part replacement
- Work with ISPs to diagnose problems between Amazon's network and their infrastructure.
- Focus on the needs of the customer in all change scenarios
- Work with internal teams to write, review and execute changes safely
- Manage change communications from fiber providers
- Look for automation opportunities in troubleshooting and administration tasks
- Work with System Developers to scope tools that meet the Network Operation team's needs.
- B.S. Degree in Network Systems Administration, Computer Networks and Security, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent is mandatory
- Exposure to various routing technologies (Cisco, Juniper, etc)
- Exposure to Linux/Unix operating systems
- Understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Understanding of OSPF, BGP, TCP, ARP and Ethernet Protocols
- Experience troubleshooting switching and routing hardware
- Experience troubleshooting layer 1 and 2 network problems.
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Basic understanding of the UNIX/LINUX operating environments with the ability to navigate, manipulate and understand the file structure.
- Experience scripting with Python and/or Perl
- Needs to be a highly motivated to learn
- Needs to have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong logical thinking skills, with the ability to adapt as new information becomes available
- Ability to operate efficiently under pressure
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top