Are you an IT Professional that enjoys solving complex problems? Amazon is looking for Network Engineers that can use their technical expertise to develop tools and automate IT processes to improve the support of our research and development teams in fulfillment center technology.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the customer experience. The Fulfillment Center Network Engineering team builds the network infrastructure used by thousands of Amazonians working in hundreds of FCs around the world. Our designs value performance and simplicity while supporting creative new businesses. As a team we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss creative solutions to hard problems. We are data driven and intensely focused on metrics in our decision making processes. We are looking for senior technologists with both deep and broad expertise. In this position you will lead projects that yield highly visible change in Amazon's Fulfillment Center IT environment.
As a Network Engineer you will support advanced research and development projects and technologies covering a wide range of job functions. These technologies include but are not limited to advanced robotics, automation, camera systems, networking, prototyping, and more. You will assist in testing these technologies within the Amazon infrastructure platforms and you will assist in troubleshooting complex issues. We are looking for a technical leader to engineer the next evolution of our network infrastructure. Technicians and engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex problems. Your peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers more capable, scalable and efficient. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. You will occasionally travel to Fulfillment Centers in the US, Asia and Western Europe. We are looking for the best of the best, so please expect a rigorous technical interview process.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- 3+ years of experience with Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the applications of IP protocols
- 3+ years of experience in large scale global network design and implementations
- Intermediate level knowledge of major Internet routing protocols including BGP, OSPF and MPLS with at least 3+ years of experience
- 1+ years of network security and firewall experience
- 1+ years of experience in a Linux/Unix environment
- 3+ years of experience with the following protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, SNMP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channeling a IPsec
- Scripting skills are required, specifically in Python with 1+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
- Knowledge of hardware architectures and various operating systems to run ASIC's-based and merchant silicon-based platforms (1Gbps/10Gbps/100Gbps)
- Experience with enterprise 802.11 wireless networking as well as 4G/LTE/WiMax protocols
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
- Knowledge of the latest industry's trends including recent IETF RFC's, Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN), Off-path decision making and Segment Routing (SR)
- Lab certifications such as JNCIE, CCIE and CCDE are desirable
- Excellent analytical skills
- Graduate degree a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top