Network Development Engineer, Networking Outpost Team
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Networking organization is hiring, and we're looking for great Network Development Engineers (NDEs) to join our team. For this role, we are seeking a Network Development Engineer to work in the Networking Outpost Team. Our team supports all aspects of the networking solutions underpinning the new and rapidly expanding AWS Outpost product. You'll be a member of the team that designs the networking components for Outpost and owns the automation of deploying and operating the Outpost network. This is an opportunity to join a team early in it's evolution, where you can heavily influence the strategic and day to day decisions that shape how the team and our products mature.
Engineers in this organization define the hardware platforms, physical topologies, routing architectures and software control systems for these networks. The ideal candidate for this team would have a knowledge of ASICs, optics and router system design as well as extensive experience designing and implementing routing protocols such BGP and OSPF.
In addition to fundamental Networking skills our engineers must have Linux experience and background in network automation. SDN is a reality at Amazon and our networks are designed to be fully managed and operated via software systems. Some proficiency in Python, Perl, C, or Shell Scripting is required.
Candidates should have experience working on and driving large projects with ambitious timelines and ideally using agile methodologies to manage their delivery. We expect engineers to work closely with peer and dependency teams to deliver the right solutions for our customers. The ability to collaborate and influence are a must. Our Engineers contribute materially to each team's roadmap, and constantly help us to determine what's most important. Together, you and your leadership team will decide on the projects that best support your team's mission.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top