Network Development Engineer Intern- 2021 Dublin
- Bad Oldesloe, Germany
Amazon is the earth's most customer centric company and is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class engineers for our expanding Network Engineering teams.
You will be working on the networks that support the Earth's largest cloud provider; our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services and while expanding at a tremendous rate, it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale our network.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our team for Network Development Engineer internships. Internships are flexible in length to fit in with your university's placement scheme with a minimum of 5 months up to 11 months duration.
We are inventing the networks of the future so our engineers require a deep background in network in routing protocols and operating large scale networks. Our network engineers are pivotal in driving technology changes that ensure a safe and reliable operating environment, working with internal teams and customers to integrate new features and services to the network, developing automated tooling and implementing design optimisations that drive reliability and performance.
Our Network Engineering and Operations engineers are responsible for operating and maintaining the health of Amazon's Retail and Web Services network. This team not only operates one of the largest networks on earth by leveraging the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topologies and advanced tooling but also solves complex technical problems. Our team supports all aspects of connectivity to/from Amazon and the outside world, as well as the connectivity between Amazon's data centres and services.
Network Scaling and Deployment Engineering
Our Network Scaling and Deployment engineers build and grow the Amazon network worldwide. We constantly adopt new and exciting technologies and integrate into our networks network topologies to scale for an ever-growing demand for network capacity. We expect our network engineers to be passionate about new technologies, to be curious and learn constantly, drive new and effective ways to build and scale networks while maintaining a vigilance on service safety. Our engineers are expected to self-manage several projects at a time, providing regular status updates identify and work though issues independently.
• Provide critical network operations support to AWS's internal and external customers to diagnose, remediate and troubleshoot large-scale networking events
• Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks - Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes to mitigate complex issues
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Solve complex challenges on an unprecedented scale to allow for automated operations of the Amazon network
• Currently in your 2nd or 3rd year of a BSc or Masters degree in Computer Science, Networking or related field
• Knowledge of IP Networking fundamentals such as BGP, OSPF and other R&S technologies
• Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
• Excellent analytical skills
• Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
• Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges and articulate technical solutions through abstract thinking
• Must be able to integrate and work well as part of a team
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
EU Student Programs Team
Back to top