Network Development Engineer III - AWS Networking
- New York, NY
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to drive the development, sustainability, and operations of our Cloud Computing networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability and challenge us to be better, faster, and cheaper every day.
In this role, you will work on a team of highly skilled Network Engineers responsible for the end-to-end ownership of our Core datacenter network. This includes the design/architecture, definition and enforcement of standards, security, sustainability/scalability, deployment, and operations of our current and next generation networks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possesses a strong background in Ethernet and IP networks. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top