Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and networking services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. Our services are trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest startups to power a wide variety of workloads. The AWS Internet Edge team delivers solutions that provide customers the ability to get their services closer to their customers, increasing availability and reducing latency for critical applications and cloud platforms across the globe.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- As a Network Development Engineer working in AWS Networking you will have end to end ownership (architecture/design/scale) of our current and newly developing networks
- Lead the design of highly available ultra-scale networks and tools, driving them from concept to launch
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Lead project teams to deliver impactful benefits to our customers
- Work closely with our software developers to full automate network operations
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Review and implement changes on the network
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
- 3+ years with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- 3+ years with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
- 3+ years working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 3+ in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role