Amazon is looking to hire highly motivated Network Engineers to help deploy and automate one of the worlds largest and complex networks. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
Network Deployment & Scaling caters for growing our existing network, and building future ones. This is increasingly achieved through automation, a 24x7 team, and a deep understanding of multiple fabrics to never leave a packet behind. There is an operational on-call rota in this team.
As a Network Support Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
• Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Create and implement changes on the network.
• Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Candidates should have 4+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
• Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with one or more major router platforms; specifically with Cisco 37xx, 49xx, 65xx, 73xx, 76xx, Nexus 7K and Juniper MX/EX platforms including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms.
• Strong Unix skills and the ability to script in Python or equivalent languages
• Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise with one or more of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, T1/DS1, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.
• Experience designing network and datacenter installations
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Highly motivated to learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Strong logical thinking skills, with the ability to adapt as new information becomes available
• Ability to operate efficiently under pressure
• Experience with mission critical multicast systems is highly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.