Network Development Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to drive the deployment, scaling and of one of the world's largest and complex networks: the AWS Direct Connect service - the service that connects AWS to our largest customers in datacenters around the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services and challenge us to be better, faster, and cheaper every day. We are expanding at a tremendous rate; it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to the scaling of our network.
The AWS Direct Connect team delivers solutions that make it easy for customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises to the AWS cloud. These connections help to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections.
As a Network Development Engineer working you will:
• Be responsible for deploying datacenter network infrastructure across our network fabrics that support the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
• Deploy critical Tier 0 services relied upon by customer-facing systems as well many internal services, including Amazon Retail
• Deploy, scale and our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
• Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Create and implement changes on the network.
• Work closely with our teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
• Draft scripts for automating configuration and other tasks using tools such as Perl, etc.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems, and delivering innovative solutions and complex projects on time. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
• Candidates should have 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
• Excellent IP fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of IP .
• Excellent TCP fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of TCP.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet ; specifically and OSPF
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major platforms; specifically Cisco: ASR, NCS, Nexus and Juniper: MX/EX platforms including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms.
• Experience working with large-scale networks
• Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise with one or more of the following & technologies: DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), , RSVP-TE, , , HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP, SSL, 40/100Gbps.
• Unix/ familiarity required, in , Perl, or is desirable
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
• A background in large-scale network design or deployment is highly desired.
• Software development/programming/scripting skills are a huge plus.
• Excellent analytical skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top