Network Development Engineer
- Gdańsk, Poland
Amazon is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help and one of the world's largest and most complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate and it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for deploying and scaling the Amazon networks that support AWS, customers, and other business units, across multiple global datacenters.
• Create simple yet powerful deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on network solutions; bringing those solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update network standards and ensure that the network is deployed according to these standards.
• Create and implement changes to the network.
• Create and deliver improvements which will allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
• Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, good project management and time management skills. The candidate should have a proven track record leading and implementing (hands-on) large scale network deployments and troubleshooting complex network problems while delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
• Candidates should have 4+ years industry experience working with large scale networks.
• Excellent IP fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP .
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet ; specifically, and OSPF
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following & technologies: IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), , , HSRP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP.
• Experience with and in environment is desired.
Strong Unix skills and an expertise with Perl, Python and shell is desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top