Amazon is looking to hire Network Engineers to help design, deploy and automate one of the worlds largest and most complex networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate and our goal is to design, deploy and automate network delivery while maintaining the highest reliability for our customers. Our teams scale the existing network, design new topologies, deploy these topologies and also automate activities where possible.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Deploy network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services
- Design, deploy, and scale our network across multiple global datacenters (including existing and new locations)
- Create and automate deployment processes that increase quality and velocity
- Collaborate with our internal customers on designs/solutions and bring them from concept to production
- Develop and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards
- Create and implement changes on the live network
- Work closely with our software teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume
- Create and review documentation regarding new standard operating procedures and process improvement
- Participate in a daytime on-call rotation to support deployment or automation activities when required
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem and work toward resolution.