Network Reliability Engineering proactively drives the stability and sustainability of Amazons next-generation network and leads innovative ways to optimize, automate and scale the Amazon network through this exciting time of accelerated growth for the organization and the network.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution, autonomously and/or collaboratively. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of networking, networking concepts and theory. They will have experience participating in proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality second-tier network and network event management for Amazons worldwide network. As a technical leader he/she will manage complex stakeholder relationships both technical and management. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazons world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest growing most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
The ideal candidate is highly autonomous; detail oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have significant experience of supporting large scale, service provider or enterprise class networks.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role