Network Development Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon is Earth's most customer-centric company and is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Development Engineers for our Operations team to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to and scale our as we expand.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution, autonomously and/or collaboratively. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of , concepts and theory. They will have experience participating in proactive engineering, optimisation and operational support for a large-scale service provider or environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality event management for Amazon's worldwide . As a technical leader you will manage complex stakeholder relationships, both technical and management. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is essential!
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest growing, most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
The ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have significant experience in supporting large scale service provider or class networks.
• Provide critical on-shift network operations support to diagnose and mitigate large-scale events
• Drive deep dives for large-scale events, deliver high-quality documentation and drive corrective actions to completion
• Improve our detection mechanisms by designing and implementing new alerts
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues and effectively engage with senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
• Work closely with our Engineering & Deployment teams to ensure operational readiness for new deployments
• Drive standards across the and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Troubleshoot , and interconnectivity issues, including device configuration and low-level application interaction
• Identify and drive opportunities to repetitive tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
• Effectively contribute towards hiring and developing others in the team.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
• Implementing large scale deployments and troubleshooting complex problems while delivering innovative solutions.
• Excellent IP fundamentals and experience in the application of IP .
• Experience with, one of the following & technologies: (, , , , ISIS)
• Hands-on experience with operating systems such as Cisco IOS or Junos.
• Excellent fundamentals and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with and in environment, such as , , , etc.
• Strong project management and time management skills.
• Curiosity and passion to learn about new technology
• Strong /programming skills
Amazon Web Services has hundreds of millions of customers who can benefit from diversity of thought. We are a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top