Network Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
As part of the Amazon Dedicated Cloud (ADC) Network Operations, you'll play a key role in driving the stability and sustainability of next-generation IP networks that support the U.S. Intelligence Community. From the top of rack to the network core and everything in between, you'll work with best-in-class Network Engineers to deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes and drive complex issues to resolution. Using your experience with network and unix systems engineering, you'll be able to fully own and transform networking projects relating to deployment, implementation, scaling, and/or optimization.
As Network Development Engineer, you'll partner with our broader Infrastructure organization on configurations standards and tools, and collaborate with Systems and Software Engineers to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products, and also deploy and sustain networking software tools.
Work Life Balance
This team supports 24/7 systems in a classified environment, and periodic on-call duties with ability to drive into workplace for critical events/needs will be requred. Our hiring managers strive to allow you to build a work-life balance that works for you and our customers.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. As a team, we "Hire and Develop the Best" through peer mentorship, collaboration, and thorough, but kind, code reviews
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Position may be located in either Herndon, VA 20170, Denver, CO 80202, or Seattle, WA 98101. Relocation assistance would be offered (pending qualification quidelines).
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,700 - $160,000, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level.
• 3+ years experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with IP routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale data center and/or WAN network environments.
• 3+ years experience in a technical on-call capacity, responding to customer impacting events, mitigating and root cause analysis of those events.
• 2+ years Unix/Linux command line experience
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in a large - scale network environment
• Software development/programming, or automation of network administration and maintenance tasks
• Experience with one or more of the following router, server load balancer, and firewall vendor platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Brocade, Extreme, Citrix, F5, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with networking and/or systems technologies
• Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
• Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Back to top