Network Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and networking services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. Our services are trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest startups to power a wide variety of workloads. The AWS Direct Connect team delivers solutions that make it easy for customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises to the AWS cloud. These connections help to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- As a Network Development Engineer working in AWS Networking you will have end to end ownership (architecture/design/scale) of our current and newly developing networks
- Lead the design of highly available ultra-scale networks, driving them from concept to launch
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Lead project teams to deliver impactful benefits to our customers
- Work closely with our software developers to full automate network deployment and operations
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Review and implement changes on the network
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls.
• The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
• Effective prioritization and time management.
Back to top