Network Development Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon is looking for Network Development Engineers to help deploy and automate one of the world's largest and most complex networks. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate and it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale our network.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for deploying and scaling the Amazon networks that support AWS, customers, and other business units, across multiple global datacenters.
• Create simple yet powerful deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on network solutions; bringing those solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update network standards and ensure that the network is deployed according to these standards.
• Create and implement changes to the network.
• Create and deliver automation improvements which will allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Candidates should have 5+ years industry experience working with large scale networks.
• Excellent IP networking fundamentals and experience in the application of IP protocols.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with one or more major internet routing protocols; (BGP,OSPF)
• Hands-on experience with one or more network operating systems such as Cisco IOS or Junos.
• Excellent network analysis fundamentals and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with one or more of the following protocols & technologies: IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP.
• Experience with automation and scripting in linux environment is desired.
• Strong Unix skills and an expertise with Perl, Python or shell is desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top