Amazon's Enterprise Network Deployment team is looking to hire Network Engineers to help scale and automate deployment of one of the worlds largest and complex networks.
The Enterprise Network provides mission-critical global connectivity for internal services and business applications, datacenter infrastructure equipment, and 1,000,000+ internal users. In this role you will look for innovative and creative ways to automate and scale our next-generation network architectures.
We are seeking an experienced Network Development Engineer to join a highly skilled team that designs and automates the deployment and growth of next generation networking products deployed to AWS Datacenters globally.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service and AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across many global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and new locations.
- Identify automation opportunities and develop tooling and automation to increase scaling velocity and quality.
- Create simple, repeatable deployment processes, and improve upon existing processes.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the platforms and frameworks that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
- 8+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in via /shell scripting and / programming.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role