Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The AWS Cloud infrastructure is built around Regions and Availability Zones (AZs). AWS Regions provide multiple, physically separated and isolated Availability Zones which are connected with low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant networking. These Availability Zones offer AWS customers an easier and more effective way to design and operate applications and databases, making them more highly available, fault tolerant, and scalable than traditional single datacenter infrastructures or multi-datacenter infrastructures. How would you like to come be part of the team that builds and procures that low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant network?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, commercially savvy Network Infrastructure Business and Vendor Developer to help grow and scale one of the world's largest and most complex networks. We develop new and innovative ways to scale and expand our network, while delivering operational excellence to our stakeholders. This opportunity sits within our Metro Solutions organization where the team is responsible for developing and acquiring the network that drives Amazon's internal infrastructure as well as connecting Amazon to the outside world. The Network Business developer will have deep market and industry knowledge in telecommunications; experienced with vendor negotiations, networking technology, business case development and robust financial analysis skills. This individual will actively drive commercial vendor strategy, working with existing vendors, new vendors, as well as the AWS service teams and internal customers to build and design a portfolio of unique web scale network infrastructure solutions. This role requires collaboration, driving strategic initiatives and executing commercial deals across the AWS network geography. By applying a unique blend of business and technology experience, you will work closely with both outside parties and internal teams to find creative, cost effective, and often innovative solutions to meet Amazon's ongoing growth and expansion needs worldwide.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Serve as a key member of the North American South American Network Development team, helping to drive overall Network Infrastructure Program.[DS1]
• Work closely with service owners to understand product roadmaps and devise programs to meet capacity requirements.
• Develop network infrastructure plans for approval by internal customers and stakeholders.
• Identify vendors and develop commercial solutions that solve for dark fibre, conduit, wavelengths and other network infrastructure capacity.
• Negotiate key vendor contracts from a business and technical perspective in partnership with AWS legal teams.
• Track and maintain information on overall telecom market segment trends and developments in terms of vendor technologies, coverage, cost and deal structures
• Work closely with finance partners, collaborating on budget creation, business case development, deal analysis, and supplier invoicing.
• Participate in strategic network topology planning for our global metro networks.
• Work closely with network planning to ensure that acquisitions meet our topology requirements and budgets.
• Work closely with internal customers to understand product roadmaps and devise programs to meet capacity requirements.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Travel as needed
*This role can be based in Amazon's Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA offices.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 5+ years telecommunications industry experience in procurement and negotiations of dark fiber infrastructure and other telecommunication product. (Waves, EPL, DIA etc.)
• Experience working in a network planning or implementation role at an ISP, telecoms operator, or OTT.
• Experience building financial models from scratch.
• Experience working at a large network operator, OTT or Internet Service Provider.
• Quick and clear network strategy recognition in order to provide optimal results for the company.
• Experience interacting with senior executives and other management within a company and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization.
• Experience working across Multiple International Markets including North and South America
• Ability to anticipate customer requirements and build strategic plans.
• Demonstrated understanding of global fiber and IP networks.
• Experience interacting with senior executives and other management within your own company and externally; and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization
• Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age