NAFC Startup Project Manager
Amazon is seeking a highly experienced Project Manager to support the continued expansion of our North American fulfillment network. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who are comfortable leading large complex projects.
This individual will lead a team of support personnel and coordinate the resources required to launch new highly complex fulfillment centers with the goals of achieving timelines, staying within budget, driving standardization and consistency within our network.
Ideal candidates will have experience managing large capital projects between $50M up to $100M with aggressive schedule commitments. The Project Manager must be capable of leading and mentoring their team while also managing project engineers and coordinating schedules with multiple vendors at the same time. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detailed coordination of multiple material flow and installation schedules of vendors that are all interdependent.
- Responsible for managing overall project budget and approving all purchase orders.
- Contributes to developing comprehensive budgets during project conception
- Active participant in vendor and Amazon safety policies
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or sub-task
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
- Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help, and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
- Acts as the Company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution
- Mobilizes company resources through effective liaison with support departments, to create project teams capable of completing effective quality work
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
- Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
- Experience in a distribution environment and knowledgeable in material handling equipment such as pallet racking, conveyor, and fork trucks.
- Possesses a broad technical background and has the ability to "roll up their sleeves" and jump in if needed, along with managing
- Contributes to project planning from concept to completion
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and managing large project budgets
- 5+ years of experience in project management and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
- MBA or Masters Degree in a related field preferred
- Operations Management/ Fulfillment Center experience preferred
- PMP Certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top