Multimedia software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical multimedia software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Audio and Camera features for the Echo line of products.
• Work with other team members to design novel customer features, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software
• Be a part of the team that delivers best in class multimedia on some of the most coveted electronics in the industry
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 3+ year relevant work experience
• 3+ years of experience in embedded software design, development and debugging preferably on ARM based platforms
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 3+ years of experience with best practices in C, C++ or Java
• Experience writing unit tests to deliver software that scales
• Experience with debugging tools (software and hardware)
• A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, storage, and CPU
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Development experience on embedded Linux, Android or iOS
• Experience developing kernel Audio drivers, Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and applications with ALSA framework.
• Understanding of general acoustics and multimedia technologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Back to top