At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a highly motivated Risk Manager for Amazon's Consumer Payment organization, who will be responsible for implementing the model risk management framework, executing model risk governance activities and performing independent model validation. In this highly visible role, you will also be responsible for working with a range of stakeholders including Legal, Compliance and business teams to develop and maintain payment products policy, implement controls to comply with laws, and coordinate the maintenance and compliance of applicable state licenses.
About Amazon's Consumer Payments organization: The Consumer Payments (CP) organization is responsible for managing the payment methods that we accept around the world, the supply chain needed for Amazon to accept payments, the paying customer experience, and driving down Amazon's Cost of Payments. We are also responsible for creating and operating a collection of Amazon-branded payment products (including Gift Cards, Credit Card Products, Amazon Currency Converter, and Shop with Points), as well as the Business Payments, Seller Lending, and Amazon Pay businesses. Our mission in Consumer Payments is to delight our customers by building payment experiences and financial services that are trusted, valued and easy to use from anywhere in any way.
• Serve as the primary subject matter expert for implementing model risk management policy, governance and framework and performing model validation
• Support and drive the team to implement the activities defined in model risk management framework and work with the Legal and Compliance teams to ensure that the model risk management framework continues to comply with regulatory requirements
• Provide guidance in the management of models including identification of models, documentation of model design, assumptions/limitations, administration, output and uses, governance, change management, and input processing.
• Review the underlying assumptions, theory, empirical evidence, implementation and limitations of the model and provide effective challenge to model owners on inputs, assumptions, methodology, output and model performance.
• Perform independent model validation and analyze factors that augment quantitative models (judgement decisions and other qualitative factors); review to confirm proper controls and adequate documentation are in place.
• Prepare model validation report to support risk assessments and testing, and present findings to business stakeholder.
• A Bachelor's Degree or above, Master's Degree in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science major preferred.
• 6+ years of experience building, testing, implementing and validating models in a financial services technology, payments, merchant/acquiring, audit/consulting, business software, retail or online services company.
• Knowledge of SQL and Big Data technologies like Hadoop or similar
• Experience with coding languages like Python/Scala
• Excellent written and spoken communication skill
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Experience working with the Compliance and Legal teams, and enforcing internal controls
• Experience in designing and implementing new model risk management programs or processes from the ground up.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills to understand and validate models effectively
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across functional groups within the company, with Clients, Customers and Vendors, as well as Senior Management.
• Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities via AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
• Ability to manage through influence
• Master's degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.