Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort of Ring, an Amazon company, to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is lookinfor a Sr. Sofware Development Engineer. As part of a global team, you'll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile devices. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies. If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, exposure to various technologies such as Swift or Objective-C, and/or Android Java or Kotlin and have the desire to help delivering our new platform, we want to talk with you.
Base location: Taipei or Hsinchu
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• For Android: Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
• For iOS: Expert knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with Xcode and other associated tools like Instruments
• 8+ years in Software Development with at least 4 years developing multi-threaded mobile applications
• Experience in mobile app development in Android, iOS or both
• Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.