Mobile Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
With over 120 million members, Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. As a Top 100 web destination, our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Loved by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine, share ratings and recommendations, track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where more than 100,000 authors connect with readers. Come join us and be a part of Amazon family here at Goodreads!
The Goodreads mobile apps team owns the Goodreads iOS, Android, Fire apps as well as Goodreads integration on Kindle Reader apps. The Goodreads native apps are the fastest growing surface with 10M+ downloads and has been featured on Apple AppStore and is a Google PlayStore Editor's Choice app. We are looking for a Senior Software engineer who is passionate about mobile apps and will bring innovation, speed, and quality to the iOS and Android teams. You demonstrate best practices with mobile app development and are equally comfortable writing code and defining technical architecture. You will play a critical role in enabling innovation to solve challenging problems, coach junior engineers and collaborate often with API teams.
This position can be located in San Francisco, Seattle or near an Amazon office location (eg New York)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• 4+ years professional experience developing native apps (iOS and/or Android)
• 2+ years of technical leadership and mentoring within a team
• Proficiency in iOS and/or Android frameworks and related technologies including Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java
• Published app in iOS App Store or Google PlayStore
• Experience with web technologies including React, NodeJS, Ruby
• Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
• Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
• Experience with API development and service oriented architecture
• Experience with automated testing frameworks such as XCTest, Espresso
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Passion for discovering, reading and sharing books
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related degree
Back to top