Amazon Mobile Shopping is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and millions of users. We work with the latest devices as soon as they come out: phones, tablets, TVs and wearables. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite devices. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. As a front-end engineer on the Mobile Shopping team, you'll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, interact with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You're up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will make the most out of the modern tools like Swift, Kotlin, React Native, ES6, and play an integral role in re-shaping what it means to shop on a mobile device. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
About the hiring team:
We created the App Experiences (AppX) team to explore new ways for Amazon customers to complete common shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. Even as the 10th most-installed app, we're still learning how to make the right decisions for customers and how to educate them about new features. We build new iOS & Android features addressing customer frustrations and innovate on core shopping functions like the personalized navigation menu, location awareness, and browsing; identifying core shopping experiences that are not mobile optimized, and fix them. We spend a lot of time thinking about what mobile shopping means and how we do it correctly with strong partnerships between dev, product, and design competencies. Our toughest problems are crafting world-class UX experiences and every pixel matters to our customers. We are innovators at heart, and mobile App customer experience is king to us.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience in iPhone or Android focused Software Development (Objective C, XCode and/or Java, Kotlin)
• 1+ years of experience in multi-tier mobile architecture
• Experience building iOS apps using ObjectiveC/Swift
• Experience building Android apps using Java/Kotlin
• Familiarity with React Native, Redux, CSS, and Typescript
• Familiar with performance optimizations and trends
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
• Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Location could be either: San Francisco, CA or Cupertino, CA
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.