Mobile Developer - Prime Video X-Ray Engineering
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. In Prime Video we are focused on delivering world's largest selection of digital video with the best possible immersive experience with deep insights, trivia, bonus content & relevant meta information. In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of applications that will deliver live sports, movies, series, seasons, and episodes to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy individuals with the ability to think big & deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead architecture and development for Prime Video X-Ray experiences in the Prime Video App, native iOS / Android as well as Web technologies. This role is one of full ownership for features from design to development & deployment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of X-Ray experience on Live Sports, Movies and TV Shows. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation & thinking big is encouraged.
In this role you will:
• Architect, design, develop and deploy new features for our iOS and Android apps, working with multiple back-end teams.
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS and Android apps.
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Actively collaborate with Product Managers and UX Designers to shape the user experience
• Work in an agile / scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
• Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for the mobile development team.
• Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and bandwidth constraints
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Expertise in iOS development in Swift or Objective-C
• Expertise in Android development in Kotlin or Java
• Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Expert working knowledge of design patterns
• Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
• Working knowledge of REST service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Relentless customer focus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top