Mobile Developer, Amazon Alexa
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed to respond to your voice commands and queries. We're building solutions and applications behind Alexa products and services to directly bring joy to people's day to day lives. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team!
The Comms Mobile Team is building Communication features in the Alexa Companion App allowing people to call/message each other using Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show or the Alexa App itself. We are looking for talented mobile app developers to work on the Alexa companion app for iOS and Android. You will have the opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hardworking iOS or Android software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS or Android apps.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS or Android programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of application development experience on iOS or Android
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis)
- Experience with at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#, Swift)
- Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and be passionate about building great UX experiences
- Experience in native mobile development for IOS or Android is highly desirable, as is fluency with Objective C, Swift or Java
- Working knowledge of ReactNative is desirable
- Proficiency in front-end coding and design
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Self-motivated with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong desire to improve our customer's communication experience
- Ability to take a project from requirements gathering and design to actual product launch
- Most of all: enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness! You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems every day
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top