Mng, Vendor Management PPLRQ2
- Mexico City, Mexico
The Amazon Mexico team is looking for a talented, smart, and experienced Manager Vendor Management to help us build an exceptional and authoritative category.
Joining the Hardlines team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. The Manager Vendor Management will be responsible for managing a set of categories within Hardlines (including reporting, driving unit, revenue and margin growth, and executing promotions), negotiating direct relationships with key brands, driving incremental selection , and working with stakeholder teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience that will result in category leadership in the online market segment.
We expect the Manager Vendor Management (MVM) to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, extreme attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The MVM must be an effective negotiator, leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and a sense of humor.
• BA/BS degree
• 8+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven history of delivering results
• Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills. Comfortable with complex financial data
• Fluent in both English and Spanish
• 5+ years Experience leading team
• 5+ years Experience developing and driving strategies
• 5+ years Experience demonstrating polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• 5+ years Experience demonstrating ability to own, manage and speak to a P&L
• 5+ years Experience demonstrating polished proficient in Excel
• Master's degree (MBA) from top tier Business School (4-5 years of post MBA experience preferred)
• Excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
• High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment - figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
• Ability to think and lead in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Comfortable with "hands-on" management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Back to top