Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager for External Services who possesses a unique balance of business expertise, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) depth, and strong interpersonal skills. This role will focus on supporting customers across industries who desire to use AWS AI/ML to enhance their business or operational outcomes.
Your broad responsibilities include: owning the product and business approach and ultimate success around specific AI/ML projects. You should be comfortable leading a discussion of complex business concepts with cross-functional groups which can include business executives, line managers, data scientists, as well as IT operations resources. In addition, you will engage with other AWS service teams, solutions architects, business development, marketing, partners and regional professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure and through delivery.
You will evangelize AWS AI/ML and be a trusted ML advisor to the customer. You will enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes, listening to their needs and translating those into concrete ML solutions using AWS services that have business impact. You will have a passion for educating and ideating on ML-based solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customer problems across industries.
You will also have a strong understanding of large-scale AI/ML solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a management consultant, ML practitioner, analytics delivery lead, or industry executive and an appreciation of the advantages of cloud computing. You will enjoy keeping your existing business and AI/ML skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep business discussions.
• Ensure customer success in ideating and launching AI/ML on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS AI/ML and lead deep business discussions to identify business problems and ML solutions designed to capture business value and drive the intended success metrics
• Lead workshops with customer leaders to identify AI/ML opportunities
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with individuals within customers to enable them to be AWS AI/ML advocates
• Act as a business liaison between customers, services, data scientists and support
*This role can be based in SF bay area, Austin, Chicago, NYC, DC Metro Area, or Seattle
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree with a technical major (e.g., math, computer science, physics, engineering) from an accredited college or university
• 7+ years of professional experience
• 1+ year of professional experience in an IT sales organization or an IT consulting role
• 1+ year of ML industry experience
• Willingness to travel to meet with customers (~40% of time)
The successful candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow him/her to be the technical "face" of AWS for the ML Solutions Lab. He/she will be able to drive discussions with senior leadership with customers and partners, as well as to interact with and collaborate with software developers, IT professionals, data scientists and system architects.
• Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MS, JD, PhD)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to listen to the voice of the customer and to work effectively and collaboratively across internal and external teams
• Excellent speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations, as well as strong writing skills
• Business understanding of cloud computing
• Fun to work with, team-oriented and results-driven
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .