ML Engineer - Amazon Search
- Berlin, Germany
Artificial intelligence systems can be designed to maximize customer engagement without explicit consideration of social inclusiveness and fairness outcomes. At Amazon, we use machine learning to help millions of customers discover the right products for billions of queries. At this large scale, we believe inclusiveness measurements on the data powering our systems is critical to ensure that our diverse customers are able to find relevant products. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to participate in our inclusive search experiences program to make sure that the shopping experience at Amazon speaks to all customers.
As a Machine Learning Engineer in the Search Customer Experience team, you will be working with scientists and engineers on developing algorithms and modeling techniques to build an inclusive experience. Specific challenges will be dealing with very large heterogenous datasets, designing novel algorithms that are robust and reliable, efficient implementations that can run in production, and setup of infrastructure at Amazon-scale.
• M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience in machine learning/artificial intelligence, fairness, data quality, data science, or information integration research
• Experience in general-purpose programming languages such as Scala, Python, Java, or C++
• Experience and passion for working on fairness in artificial intelligence/machine learning systems
• Experience with machine learning frameworks, distributed storage systems, or data processing frameworks
• Experience in developing large, scalable production systems
Take a look at https://www.aboutamazon.com/research to learn more about research highlights and publications from the Amazon science teams.
Back to top